Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

I just purchased aRunner and it is really difficult to get

Customer Question

I just purchased a*****Runner and it is really difficult to get the manual transmission into reverse. Could it be an alignment problem or lack of lubrication on the Hurst linkage? One opinion was that it just has to wear-in. Does this sound feasible to you?
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. The number one cause of this is a clutch problem. If the clutch does not release completely when stepping on the pedal, then the transmission input shaft keeps turning a little and makes it difficult to engage reverse gear. You may just need a clutch adjustment. One way to check this is to turn the engine off and then shift into reverse. If it feels easier, then get the clutch adjusted.

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Thank you!