Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I'm working on a customers 1963 Avanti.At three different

Customer Question

I'm working on a customers 1963 Avanti.At three different times when the engine is running or being driven, the starter engages. Turning the ignition switch off will not shut the car off at that point. I've been unable to locate a exact wiring diagrahm. The battery cable has to be removed to turn the car off and to kill the starter. If this helps, this last times has been the worst. The 30amp inline fuse to the alternator melted and blew the fuse.I've installed the new style switch, I've replaced the starter solenoid 3 times. The brand name is Standard
any input would be great
Category: Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to ask if this is an R1 or an R2, and, what are the colors of the wires at the starter solenoid (there are two different systems) Thanks

R1/R2 or, supercharged or not