Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My name is simeon I have a problem with my land rover

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** have a problem with my land rover discovery 2003, my alarms system is armed and is not allowing me to start the car the alarm just keep going off with no turnover when i try to start it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had damage my originally key but was still able to open the car manually, but one day i try to start the car and it keep alarming but it will not start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: I just purchase a new key but I still got to cut it or can i just use the old metal key part and add it to the automatic start. Do I need to get it pre-program my key?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be a fault with the alarm control unit/ecu itself setting off the alarm or a fault with the drivers door latch sending a false signal that it is still locked when it is actually unlocked.Either of these will cause this fault here.The fault codes would need checked/read out to see what codes are set and then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

One thing you can try if you havent yet is to try locking and unlocking the doors with the key and see if it starts.If this was already done or is attempted with no success then the codes need checked and further diagnosed to repair this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete