Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2006 Range Rover with the 4.2 supercharged engine.

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Range Rover with the 4.2 supercharged engine. I have codes p0174 and p0171. I want to do a smoke test but I don't know where to connect the smoke machine hose to the engine.
Category: Car
Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 12 months ago.

in order to properly perform a smoke test you can tap into any vacuum line at the intake but you will need to block off the throttle body so you don't lose smoke out of there

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
can you give me an exact line for my make and model? I connected it to the brake booster and smoke came out of the ABS vacuum pump.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
also, I have checked the long term fuel trim and at idle it is around 20 and dips below 14 under load and acceleration.

I am not set up to do live phone calls at my location. I can open the question to see if an expert is available for a phone call. would you like that?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
please.

ok I will pt out of the question, please don't respond to this thread so another expert can see its still open. good luck with your repair

Expert:  Amedee replied 12 months ago.

HI It's Amedee. I just tried calling but nobody answered. Please call me when you have time to talk. Thank you!