Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Is it possible computer in a 2003 lincoln ls, to learn by

Customer Question

is it possible for the computer in a 2003 lincoln ls, to learn by the driving habits of the regular operator of the vehicle, and then program or learn a different program.
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Honestly this is not a question we see very often, Can you elaborate on the question? why you ask? what are you trying to get data on etc etc? thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Randall C........I bought a 2003 lincoln LS from 90 yr old neighbor w/20,000 miles on it. Every time i drive it, when I accelerate beyond a certain point too quickly, the car goes into limp mode. We replaced the throttle body, gas pedal assembly, swapped the battery and so on....no good. Someone told me the car might have learned a new program from the way the old man drove it so slowly. If I turn it off ,it resets and the car runs fine again till I try to accelerate too quickly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. The computer will not learn a new program and cause limp mode. A failure with the transmission or an ignition coil can cause limp mode. And the throttle body or accelerator pedal. Which you have already replaced. When the car is in limp mode, have you had the codes checked in the computer?