Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2005 Maserati Quattroporte M139 In which I have

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2005 Maserati Quattroporte M139 In which I have lost the only key that I have. If I purchase a used key, ignition unit and install it in my car will it fire up? Or do I have to change out the ECU ECM as well? Is the key coded to the ECU and ECM? I am trying to find the low cost way to solve my problem as the dealer want $2000 for the job.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On allot of models the key is programmed to the engine and body control computers as well as an immobilizer.IN some cases all of these need replaced and in other cases only some need replaced and programmed by a dealer with their equipment.If possible since no one else has replied with the info on this here you might contact the dealer and see if they will tell you what all needs replaced or programmed to correct this.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete