Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair
24034660

The ETC light and check engine light come on before ignition

Customer Question

The ETC light and check engine light come on before ignition but go away once started.
The parking brake light comes on while I'm driving occasionally.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 1 year ago.

Take a look at the fluid level in the brake master cylinder, If it is at or near the lower level,it will cause the brake light to come-on. (see there is a float type level sensor in the fluid resivore, If fluid is good and full, then disconnect the connector to the resivore,and road test to see if light stays off, (level sensor may be bad sending a false signal,) Thanks, ***** ***** me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
I will check as soon as I get home. If it is low, is this indicative of a different problem ? I didn't know that brake system could "leaK"

What happens is as brake pads were the fluid takes up the gaps in the system, so as brake lining were down the fluid level will be lower in the resivore, (not a fluid leak condition) Thanks,

Hi: Have you had a chance to add brake fluid to the master cylinder, and drive the vehicle ? Thanks