rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 04 range rover i was driving all over town and made

Customer Question

Hey i have a 04 range rover i was driving all over town and made a few stops but then my last stop the car wouldnt start i thought it was the starter but the shop i brought it to tested it and it tried to start but wont turn over another person said the think its my alarm system that stoping the car form starting and shutting down that fuel pump
Category: Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 12 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

There is some important testing in order at this point, all involving test equipment like a scan tool and a lab scope and DVOM. There may be codes stored in the computer also that don't illuminate the check engine light, but get stored into a different module. These test will confirm where the real problem is at.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I dont have any of those kind of tools or knowlegde to used it if its the alarm is there a way i can reset it myself
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 12 months ago.

It's not a reset issue or I would have suggested that already. It's unfortunate, but my suggestions are what need to be done now.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you have further question later on.