Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

2004 BMW 330ci. I was driving a trip Saturday from Jersey to

Customer Question

2004 BMW 330ci.
I was driving a trip Saturday from Jersey to Baltimore.
I was running the car fast most of the way 115-120mph at times same on the way home. The it would idle rough at stop signs or stop lights. Then about three quarters of my way home it started riding rough almost as if it was found a plug or something like that. Then when I was about two miles from home I can barely get up the hill it was chugging along it would stall at traffic lights and then I was able to get it into my driveway where was riding completely rough where they would seem like there was no pickup whatsoever. Can you give me so scenarios of what might of went wrong? Thank Tha
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Any warning lights come on during the drive - check engine/service engine soon light, oil pressure light, etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Check engine light was on prior, ,but no issues until yesterday 's high speed drive. FYI . I changed oil filter and checked all levels prior to trip.

It was the last 3 miles where it got progressively worse. Give me any possibilities. Thank you.

Ps.. could I have fouled plugs?

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Possible causes are fouled plugs, faulty coils(check for oil on them as I see this quite a bit due to leaking spark plug tube oil seals), faulty fuel pump, vacuum or air intake leak, or clogged/restricted catalytic converter.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thank