sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2006 range rover hse is giving me a transmission fault

Customer Question

2006 range rover hse is giving me a transmission fault limited gears error. When I attempt to start the car I hear a clucking noise. After several attempts it finally starts. I spilled a soda a few months back in the center console and now my shifter display has the park and reverse lit.
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have at least a couple issues going on. It sounds as if you're hearing the starter click but not actually engaging to crank the engine. If that's the case then the starter itself would be the most likely cause.

The trans warning you're seeing may be due to the shifter issue or it may be an internal trans issue such as a solenoid, it could be a wiring or trans controller issue. You're seeing the warning because the trans controller has identified a failure somewhere in the trans control system, the first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes have set.