EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

I have disconnected the hood and trunk switches but the

Customer Question

I have disconnected the hood and trunk switches but the alarm still goes off by itself. Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. One idea is that I know on your Towncar the alarm also monitors the door ajar switch inputs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can i check it?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

You need a scan tool to monitor is one of the switches is reading ajar when it should not be. At anytime when you use the car does a door ajar warning come on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No false door ajar indication
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

If there are no door ajar warnings then I would suspect the switches are working. The alarm also monitors the drivers door lock cylinder with a switch. So there can be an issue with that switch.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

This here is the procedure to disarm the system. This procedure and others I have are from the Ford workshop manual. Perhaps what you should try is to connect all the switches again. Then perform this disarming procedure while the vehicle is locked and the alarm is not going off. Perhaps this will keep your alarm from going off again.

Disarming an Untriggered System

1. Unlock driver or passenger front door (20124) with the key.
  1. Unlock driver front door (20125) using the door lock switch actuator code.
  1. Unlock driver front door by pressing UNLOCK button of keyless entry remote transmitter (15K601) . If remaining in the vehicle, turn ignition switch (11572) to RUN or ACC.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Also CLICK HERE for the alarm description and operation. This will explain how the alarm works and the inputs it sees to trigger the alarm.