rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2006 flying spur and the vehicle is having starting

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2006 flying spur and the vehicle is having starting problems now. When I sign the key or hit the start button it engages and I can hear what I think is the starter spinning but not starting. (Kind of a humming noise) as long as I hold as long as I hold the break and key it continues to try and engage. Once I stop and try it again NOTHING at all happens. I have to wait maybe 2 to 3 mins before it resets and I can try again. One person told me they think it's the cam shaft passion sensor, another told me maybe a rely, and another told me it needs a whole new computer. Pls help with ANY assistant possible. Thanks in advance
Category: Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

This actually sounds like a bad starter bendix from your description causing the noise. You would be best off having this diagnosed for an accurate reason.

Thanks, Ron