Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2006 Bentley continental flying spur. Two months

Customer Question

Hi
I have a 2006 Bentley continental flying spur. Two months ago after having it in for Bentley service, the trunk lid started slamming shut, after I picked the car up.
It starts to lower, when the button is pressed, then when it's about 6 inches from closing, it just drops and slams shut.
It has been at the dealership right now for 5 weeks, and they still don't have a solution.
Can you help?
Category: Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

Since its a hydraulic operation is there any fluid leaks that you can see? if fluid leaks out it can slam down due to an air pocket. please let me know if you see any oil . some covers like the battery covers needs to be removed to see

let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My car has always been serviced by the Las Vegas area Bentley dealership.
No oil leaks.
It's very frustrating because the service department has not come up with any solutions to this issue in the 5 weeks that they have had my vehicle.
That's why I decided to check the Internet to see if any other Bentley owner has had this same problem.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

that is the only way for it to slam like you have described. it must have a leak.