Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2006 bentley contin GT and have installed a sim

Customer Question

I have a 2006 bentley contin GT and have installed a sim card in the slot. I can not make calls and when I try an call the number I get the voice mail.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be an internal electrical or calibration fault with the sim card itself where it may need replaced to correct this here.I have seen faulty sim cards in the past before needing replaced for issues similar to this.If you can I would try another sim card or see if yours can be replaced and re check the operation.

The other issue is the software in the vehicle may need updated by a dealer.I have seen where outdated software may not be fully compatible with the sim card or newer systems and a dealer has to update software for issues similar to this here.

These will have to be checked into here to locate the cause then once located repaired to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete