Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My 2008 Suzuki xl 7 runs rough when at a stop light in

Customer Question

My 2008 Suzuki xl 7 runs rough when at a stop light in drive. The check engine light is not on and it doesn't do it when in neutral
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** engine actually run rough or just vibrate? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
seems rough, but may be vibrate. It almost seems like it is going to stall
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you are dealing with low idle which would usually be caused by a dirty throttle body or vibration due to a worn engine mount. Engine idle should maintain around 800-900 rpm. If idle is low or as a first thing to try you can get throttle body cleaner from your local parts store, spray onto a rag, then wipe out good. If idle is good and problem still exists I'd suspect a worn motor mount which will be around a $300 repair to have done at a shop. If you are trying to fix yourself you will need to look at each mount for cracks or during vibration check to see which one has the most movement. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.