Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Was driving 83 miles inside lights and window electric

Customer Question

Was driving 83 miles inside lights and window electric stopped working. After I got to my location car wouldn't start. No sound nothing, car alarm shut down as well no interior lights.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the battery itself was never tested this needs done.If there is an issue with the battery at all this will cause this here and the battery will need replaced.A shorted cell in the battery can cause this and a jump start in some cases wont help.I would start by having the battery tested to see if it is o.k. or if it needs replaced.If this has already been done and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery has been tested by AAA and found to be good when trying to start with head lights on the lights go off no sound trying to start
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

o.k.,this still sounds like a loss of power here.If you can check the main power feed wiring into the fuse panels and see if any of the power feed cables are found to be shorted or damaged in any way needing replaced or repaired.I have in some cases seen the power feed connections loosen up or become corroded causing a fault like this here.

Thanks Pete