Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Replaced clutch on Suzuki ltf250 and now the clutch slips

Customer Question

Replaced clutch on Suzuki ltf250 and now the clutch slips alot, barely moves, if I adjust clutch tighters the shifter will not move.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Make sure the clutch and clutch components were all installed correctly and that nothing was left loose.I would also double check the clutch and any other clutch components that were installed are all correct as well for your vehicle.If these are or were all checked and found to be o.k. and the correct components let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm pretty sure the clutch is installed correctly but I guess I will take it apart again tomorrow and double check. I will not be able to do that until tomorrow morning, I will do this and reply to you with what I find out tomorrow. Thanks for your help so far.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you familiar with wet clutches, like motorcycle clutches?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Specifically the automatic clutch style, like you would find on an entry level utility ATV?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

My info is limited on this model here and this clutch system.I saw that no one else had replied and thought I would see if I could help in any way on this here.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would be good. I would like to talk to someone who is familiar with motorcycle/wet clutches if someone is available. Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete