EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

My 2008 will not start.the light and everything works the

Customer Question

My 2008 will not start.the light and everything works the starter will not turn over like its a transponder problem my key kinda loosely. No problem with it starting up to this point
Category: Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. What kind of car is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2008 honda accord
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok THanks. Does the theft light work as it normally did? By coming on when the key is turned on, then going off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which light do you speak of
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

If there is a problem with the anti-theft, or the key or the transponder a light will flash in the instrument panel. I take it that light is not flashing when the key is turned on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see a green key that pops on and off when I turn on switch
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. That indicates that everything is working correctly with the transponder. If there was a problem with it, that indicator would be blinking rapidly. Have you actually check if there is power to the starter when the key is turned?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like you may just have a bad starter. Do you have a test light to check for power at the starter? And is this a 4 or 6 cylinder?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4cycl
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No and it's a 4 cylinder. If I change starter is their anything else that would effect the transponder or keep car form starting
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Yes. There are relays, an ignition switch and wiring, that can cause no power to the starter. If there is not power to the starter it will not start, even if you replace it. If you verify that power IS at the starter, then the transponder is working, and if it is not starting then the starter should be replaced.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any further questions on this?

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my responses. Please let me know if you have further questions and please rate my service to you. Thanks.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thanks or reading my response on 11/21/2015 at 10:25:56 AM 1 day(s) ago. Please let me know if you have made progress on your. Also please rate my service. Thank you.