Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Need the engine control module it is not reading the

Customer Question

Need the engine control module it is not reading the emission sensors correctly and set the service engine light. Have replace all other devices in the emissions system.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Are you asking how to diagnose the ECM?

Are you asking for a place to find an ECM?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I have had tow shops tell me that the computer that reads the sensors is not working correctly. The various sneosrs have been replace, the egr, etc. One shop was the local Suzuki dealership ( of course they no longer sell them, but are the repair place in Mesa, AZ) the other an independent shop. Suzuki quoted a new system at over $2,000. Seems a bit much. With the check engine light going off the car will not pass AZ emissions inspection. They only read the ODBII codes not the actual gas coming out the tail pipe. It seems I need a new control module but can not find one on line. I have a repair manual that tells me how to replace it, if I had a newer one. Any ideas?
Pearley Cunningham

I can not find an aftermarket online supplier for one either. Have you tried used through www.car-parts.com

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.