Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have taken the 3 screws loose on the fuse box, but still

Customer Question

I have taken the 3 screws loose on the fuse box, but still can;t get the box loose. how do you loosen or remove it from its mounting
Category: Car
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

give me a few mins and ill get u some info!

thanks

cam

the box will be tight with the harness holding it from flipping upside down to access the connections underneath.

the bottom cover is usually just help on by plastic clips.

I have the directions to remove the block.

it is a little lengthy and includes removing the pcm and overflow.

I would just start removing anything around it that will give you more play in the harness.

you should be able to access the underneath by loosening the power lug bolt on the fuse block and unclipping it.

That power lug will hold it in place. there are 3 release clips that should let you move it better.

here are the directions, but you shouldnt have to get that far just to access the bottom.

see what is holding it and restricting it, just to give you enough access.

Ill include a couple pics too

UNDERHOOD ELECTRICAL CENTER OR JUNCTION BLOCK BRACKET REPLACEMENT (WIRING SYSTEMS)Document ID#(###) ###-####/p>

Underhood Electrical Center or Junction Block Bracket Replacement

Removal Procedure

Important: Take note of the positioning of the positive battery cables before disconnecting the cables.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection.
  2. Remove the cover from the underhood electrical center.
  3. Remove the underhood positive battery terminal lug (1).
  4. Disconnect the positive battery cables (2) from the underhood electrical center.
  5. Remove the electric power steering (EPS) cable nut from the underhood electrical center.
  6. Disconnect the EPS cable (3) from the underhood electrical center.

7. Release the engine wiring harness retainer (1), next to the engine control module (ECM). Reposition the wiring harness (2) toward the engine.

8. Disconnect the outboard side electrical connector (1) from the ECM. Position the connector aside.

9. Remove the ECM (1) from the underhood electrical center bracket, and reposition the module with harness, toward the engine.

10. Remove the automatic transmission control module (TCM), if equipped, from the underhood electrical center bracket, and reposition the module with harness, toward the engine.

11. Release the EPS cable retainer from the underhood electrical center bracket.
  12. Release the forward lamp harness retainer from the outboard side of the ECM tray.
  13. Release the surge tank inlet hose clip from the electrical center bracket.
  14. Remove the cooling system surge tank mounting nut.
  15. Remove the underhood electrical center bracket mounting nut.
  16. Remove the electrical center bracket mounting bolt.
  17. Lift the bracket off of the studs and reposition the bracket slightly toward the engine.

18. Release the 3 locking tabs (1) securing the underhood electrical center (2) to the electrical center bracket.

19. Lift the electrical center (1) away from the bracket and carefully position the electrical center (1) up and outboard, toward the hood hinge. Secure the electrical center (1) in position.

20. Lift the surge tank hose (1) slightly and move the electrical center bracket (2) toward the front of the vehicle.
  21. Remove the bracket (2) from the vehicle.

you will need to remove 1, 2, and 3 to get better access

once your remove those 3 lug terminals and the release clips you should be able to access the bottom no problem.

dont forget to disconnect battery, lol

see next figure

im logging out for the night.

remember to try that relay and always check all fuses too. i cant count how many times ive chased my tail from 1 blown fuse.

IF you need any more help im back online in the morning

let me know how you make out!

cam