rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I've got the radiator cap off, engine running. I'm trying to

Customer Question

I've got the radiator cap off, engine running. I'm trying to see if there's flow, is it normal for the level of the coolant to raise and lower periodically? Or is that "flow"
Category: Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Sounds like you have flow, but there may be air in the system.

Thanks, Ron