Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2009 Aston DBS. I can't get the gas cap to

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Aston Martin DBS. I can't get the gas cap to latch close. What could be the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this is the lid that closes over the gas twist cap the lid latch itself can be defective needing replaced or the door that the latch latches on may be bent causing this as well.These will need inspected/tested to locate which is the cause here and from there then repaired to correct this issue.If this is the actual cap that isn't turning to lock into place I have seen the gas cap itself fail mechanically with the cap needing replaced.

Most of the time it is a faulty latch needing replaced to correct the door not latching properly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.