Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

All of a sudden our 01 isuzu rodeo has trouble going into

Customer Question

All of a sudden our 01 isuzu rodeo has trouble going into gear. When you start the truck & put it in any gear, it will act like its in neutral and you give it gas and after a few minutes it will go. Checked the fluid and it didn't take much and doesn't smell or look burnt. it doesn't make grinding noises or clatter. Once your in gear, its fine. but if you have to stop, it does the same thing. Could it be electric? solenoid?
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

When you stop and it occurs again if that means it occurs at a stop signs while still running then its not electrical. It is a concern in the valve body with not enough pressure getting to the clutches inside the transmission.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turns out you were not close. We replaced alternator & all is well. Turns out car went into "limp home mode" when it sensed alternator going out. We didnt know there was such a thing. Why was more $ withdrawn from my bank account?? Who authorized that? If you are not who I need to talk to, then please tell me who to contact? I am not happy about this. Please email right away Moose.

Glad you got it resolved. Sorry I was not aware you had a battery light on and battery draining issues. You need to contact the website about your money concerns, i have nothing to do with that, nor do I work for the website.