Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

2011 Range Rover Sport 5.L The Vehicle stall out while

Customer Question

2011 Range Rover Sport 5.L
The Vehicle stall out while driving. Before stalling out live data at the high pressure sensor drops to 200KPA. Check engine light codes appears:
P008B - Low Fuel Pressure
P018B - Fuel Temp Sensor B
P2279 - In Take air system leak
Diagnosed by local tech and found coolant leak by Water Pump area flooding under the Intake manifold. suspected that coolant flood could of corroded a sensor, however no fuel related sensor or wiring is found under the intake manifold. i have no leads and was misled to a location for a high pressure fuel pump.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

if you haven't already then replace the fuel filter as the next step and if that doesn't help then its possible the high pressure pump, is faulty

before replacing the pump thoiugh 1st check that pump solenoid wiring connection is clean and not corroded and the wiring to the solenoid is also undamaged, as if this is shorting out then you'll lose fuel pressure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant locate the high pressure pump. ive looked myself, my local land rover dealer is no help. ive tried to do online research of the location and i cant get any info about this car. i have all data i checked and the only answer i get is the high pressure pump runs with the sprocket of the cam shaft in the timing assemble. i dont wanna pull the motor apart any further for no reason, thats why i figure to ask someone.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

the pump is located on the LH cam cover , I'd suggest the best way to locate the pump is to find the fuel injectors on the cylinder head which are in the middle of the chamber next to the spark plugs

so I 'd sugges the next step is to remove the plastic engine cover and then the coil covers in the middle of the cam covers and then follow the fuel rail high pressure pipework back to the pump

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.