Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I hav a problem with a 2008 nissan pathander 4.0lt 4wd ,,,

Customer Question

hi there, i hav a problem with a 2008 nissan pathander 4.0lt 4wd ,,, stuck in 4wd and VCD , 4WD light are ON
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

With the 4wd light being on what needs to be done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.This needs done using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and correct the 4wd fault here.I have seen issues with the transfer case shift motor as seen here https://www.dropbox.com/s/7th3vitb7e57202/tcase-11-03.gif?dl=0.This motor on the side of the transfer case tends to fail and when it does it can cause the vehicle to be stuck in or out of 4wd causing this here.It may also be an internal mechanical fault in the transfer case itself as I have seen with some models.

Having the fault codes checked first is what needs done to help pinpoint the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i removed the transfer motor and i tested it work ,
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all or can you get the fault codes checked in all computers using a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with all computers to see what codes are set?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.