Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

We have a 1988 Bentley 8 sedan. The mineral oil levels were

Customer Question

We have a 1988 Bentley 8 sedan. The mineral oil levels were low. We topped the reservoirs off. The car starts and the brake fail warning lite goes from green to red and if we try to drive it the system shuts the car down. We have to turn the key completely off then restart the car. It will idle but as soon as you try and drive it shuts down again. What suggestions do you have to correct the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here it sounds like one or more of the brake components is causing this fault here causing the warning lamp and the shut down.One thing you might try since you topped up the reservoirs is disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes then reconnect it and see if this resets the fault here and corrects this issue.If this does not work then your vehicle will have to be checked over further to locate any issues with the brake system and brake components needing replaced or repaired to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, Thank you for the info. We will try your suggestion and see if that does the trick.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete