Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My local Ace Hardware store could not duplicate my door key

Customer Question

My local Ace Hardware store could not duplicate my door key for the Forest River toy hauler. He didn't have the proper blank to use. I have the number off of the toy hauler and the number off of the key - how can I get either another key to fit the door, or a blank to be used in duplication?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is the number on the key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim, it's been a long time, I had technical issues here - I have the number EF319 that probably came off of the key. On the same note, I have the number S1787427 . . . I'm not sure if that was on the toy-hauler, or what.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know the S1787427 had to have been on the key or the camper. It had something to do with this issue, I know.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

does your key look like this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's on my husband's key ring. I'll check it tonight and get back with you
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

let me know,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the key is not shaped like that. I can tell you that the head is covered in black plastic that has the letters FIC imprinted on one side. Where the metal shaft sticks out from the black plastic, the plastic is not straight across, but has an indention toward the head. On the opposite side from the FIC, on the metal in the indention area, "EF319" is printed on the metal.I hope you have one!
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

can you post a picture of the key here?