Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

My van wont start, battery is showing as good on the meter

Customer Question

my van wont start, battery is showing as good on the meter but when i try to start the engine it seems to be not enough power to start the van.
Category: Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin if you hold meter on battery and try to start what does battery voltage go down to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it stays the same.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

It has to drop .so engine isn't turning over then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no engine is not turning over, when you try to turn engine over all you get is a clicking sound then all power is gone but battery still shows to have full power on meter
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Is it one click or multiple does van bump start ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin, I have just Changed my Battery and now my van is turning over but now it wont start?????
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Is it turning over at normal speed ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah it is turning over at normal speed just now seems as if it is not getting any fuel(Diesel)
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Is the key light flashing when trying to start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me where I can locate the Relay board or where I can find the relay for the Indicators on my van..Citroen Berlingo 1.9D 2002
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only light flashing when you turn on the Ignition is the red Oil light.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry I don't have specific info on your model I will opt out another tech may have further info

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Befor you go, When I had my original Battery in a key symbol light came on
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

That's what I was after the light being on indicates the immobiliser being on have you got a spare?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont have a spare one but if you think that is the problem now, then I will have to get a replacement Immobliser.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunatly it's not that simple the best thing to do is have van plugged in and see if there are any codes in there and if it's accepting key .it will be cheaper in the long run

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will follow your instructions, can you tell me I have a left side Indicator light staying on this is happening to the front and back and side. also I dont have any indicator signals inside the van on the dash. do you have any ideas on this matter,?????
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

This again could be caused by alarm immobiliser system I would start will fault code read to narrow down options .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do, Many thanks..
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

No worries please rate my service and keep me updated