Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I 't know where all the coolant hoses and other (fuel

Customer Question

I don't know where all the coolant hoses and other (fuel lines?) and maybe sensor(s) on the direct underside of the intake manifold. I have it apart and tried to mark several but missed a few. 88 isuzu trooper 2.6
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Due to the age of the Trooper, information is pretty limited but I have found a diagram for the intake along with a parts listing and there location, take a look at it and see if this will help you with reconnecting the parts you are having a problem with. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Intake%20manifold%20Oct%2023..pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dear ron,
diagram deals verly little with the coolant hoses and fuel hoses on the underbelly of the intake manifold. There are about 4-5 hoses both coolant and i believe fuel tht i wasn not able to mark clearly and know where to place them. Can you help me identify them on the underbelly which is not showing on your diagram? hope to hear from you soon, i just recieved your diagram today. thanks ken b
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately Isuzu offers limited information on the hose locations , I will open the question back up for you in hopes some else may have a better diagram for you. If they can help, they will post back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey ron, i believe my question is a stickler. However I have the manifold off and am looking at the underside of it. There are coolant lines and I believe fuel lines. Is there anyway to distinguish between the two? That is there are two nipples that take what might be for fuel because they could take a 1/4" fuel line . In the same area of the underside of the intake there is a what i believe is called a thermal valve. Odd looking piece that looks the shape of a small dildo (forgive crudeness). That takes and electric connection and what i believe is a coolant line. ...I guess my question is general in nature since there are no diagrams for this underbelly of manifold. Coolant lines would be around 5/8, 1/2" hoses while generally speaking the other connectors at 1/4" to 3/8" nipples would probably be the fuel. I just don't see much there that look like vacuum ports, they would be smaller yet, right? So just a general ballpark idea for these hose types? Thank you I will rate you now. Ken b