sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2006 range rover suspension fault...stuck in access

Customer Question

2006 range rover suspension fault...stuck in access mode...still drives.. but rides bumpy..want to get it back to standard height
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the suspension won't raise then the compressor has failed, the control module has seen an issue in the system and is purposely stopping operation, it could be a height sensor issue, it's possible that the module has failed or isn't awake because of a lost power or ground. If the warning light had been on then most likely the module is functional and had set a fault code because of an electrical issue.

If fuses are good then the first step in diagnosing the problem would be to see what fault codes are setting in the module. Do you know what codes are setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to be sure....if I tried to bypass the voltage regulator and the compressor didn't work....would it just be the compressor itself...??? sorry it took so long to get back but I had a golf tournament sun.

Did you use jumper wires to apply both power and ground to the compressor?