Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2010 RAM 4.7 four door the small cab/ bed. I was on

Customer Question

I have a 2010 RAM 4.7 four door the small cab/long bed. I was on a trip, Everything was running great. I put a CD in the CD Player, had just a little problem getting it to take the CD but it did go in. But It would not play, I pushed the eject button and it will not com out. went on with my trip and later stop. Then the remote door lock would not work. It starts the motor but just won't lock the doors. Two years ago I started having a problem with the same remote key and I changed the battery and the problem went away. Has the CD Problem have anything to do with the Remote door lock problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.

The one component tied in with both of these components here is the totally integrated power control module.It is possible this is acting up as it can be a common component to fail and causing both issues here but this sounds like two separate issues.

The most common for the door lock issue is usually the remote itself failing internally electronically needing replaced.I have had to replace this several times before.If the signals have not been tested out of the remote this needs done and in some cases a local parts store can check this.If it needs replaced it will need programmed as well.If the remote tests o.k. then the totally integrated power module may be at fault needing replaced.

The cd issue sounds like an internal fault with the cd player.This is very common and the radio/cd player needs removed and repaired or removed and replaced.

The first thing that should be done is to have the fault codes checked in all computers using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers.If any codes are set they will need diagnosed to locate and repair this.I suspect either the totally integrated power module needs replaced or this is a remote at fault and cd player at fault needing replaced but it will need tested further to be sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.