AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

My suzuki svu xlr ldt keeps turning off when at stop or

Customer Question

my suzuki svu xlr ldt keeps turning off when at stop or light what could be the problem. idles low and then stops. it starts up right away 2002
Category: Car
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Is your check engine light on? I believe the problem is the IAC ( idle air control) You can try removing it and cleaning it out with carb cleaner and see if it helps any. If you are unsure what it is or what it looks like, I can provide you with a picture of it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No check engine light and I could use a pic or I guess I could look up the picture thank you so much

I will gladly get you a picture. Give me just a minute. You will find it on the top of the engine near the throttle body.

I'm sorry, im not sure what you have.. is your truck an XL 7?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Suv

I can figure it out by the engine size as well. do you have a 2.0L, 2.5L or 2.7 engine.

Was there something else that you needed?

If this answers your question, please remember to rate my service so I may receive credit. It is greatly appreciated. If you have any other questions regarding this issue you can contact me right here at no charge even after rating. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your automotive concerns.