Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Experience:  35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic
2617050

I have a 2000 Suzuki Esteem. It stopped and wouldn't start

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Suzuki Esteem. It stopped and wouldn't start again. Good Samaritans took me to a shop nearby, where I was told initially that the gas pump needed to be replaced. Then I was informed that there was an electrical problem , and/or problem with the computer. Unable to locate a short in the circuitry, the wiring was removed and replaced. The car still doesn't start. I was going to have it towed to my own mechanic, who sold me the car in the first place, but his lease is about to expire, and he plans to retire. Can you tell me what the problem might be, and where I can have it looked at? I currently live in Park Slope, Brooklyn and will be moving shortly to E. 3rd St. near Ave. X, zip code 11223.
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

If it wasnt the fuel pump then most likely it's an ignition system sensor. The shop below is highly recommended for trouble shooting issues like this and i think they are pretty close to you. They will charge a fair price and wont rip you off.

AutoTech Diagnostic Corp.
121-08 18th Avenue
College Point, NY 11356 (###) ###-####
www.autotechdiagnostic.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I will mention the ignition system sensor to the mechanic who has it now. Otherwise, it's a 14-mile tow. I trust your recommendation completely, but might there be a shop in Brookyn?

Yes there are but i just happen to personally know that other shop. All you have to do is search on google for an ASE certified shop in your area and call them. You can also look at the reviews from their customers.

Best wishes my friend!

LJ

Did you have any further questions?

I hope that i have provided the information you were seeking. If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I spoke with Giuseppe, who sounded extremely knowledgeable. He asked if it was possible to be more specific regarding which component of the ignition system sensor might be in question. Any ideas?Also, I will be calling him back tomorrow with the VIN, as he said that that model was made with two different engines. He wanted to see if he could actually obtain the part before towing in the vehicle, since it has been discontinued.Thanks again,
Jane

Tell him the crank sensor is what usually goes bad on these cars.

I hope that i have provided the information you were seeking. If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! I'll tell him.

Please rate my service. Follow up questions are free.

Thanks!