Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I am troubleshooting a 2005 forenza

Customer Question

hello, I am troubleshooting a 2005 forenza
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Can you go into better detail on what issues you are having?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine and have went to many schools and classes to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating one of the answers, not the questions, you receive is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

so, 2005 Suzuki forenza, so far I have replaced the cam sensor, o2 sensor #1, coil pack, plugs, wires... the problem kind of came out of noware rite around 60 mph on the freeway the car begins to hesitate and full on missing wanting to die, jerking (this happens once you reach speed and let off the accelerator enough to maintain your speed, probably rite around max advance) the research I did, along with the codes pulled led me to change the parts listed... many people with these same problems had a cracked head or blown head gaskets and apparently this car has a problem with cracked heads.... currently: I have all of the same symptoms, with brand new plugs they were blackened and caked with carbon... all 4 after 40 min. of driving, compression test was 190-195psi on all cylinders and I pulled codes: p0300- random misfire p0138- o2 circuit high voltage bank 1 sensor 2 p0131- o2 circuit low voltage bank 1 sensor 1 could an o2 sensor cause these problems???? the car jerks violently and sputters BADLY the research I did leads me to a cracked head, but the tell tail sighs say its something in the ignition or fuel... please help kris p.s. I ordered the o2 sensor #2 and coolant temp sensor referenced in previous post, I will replace first thing 10/9/2015 morning

Will your scan tool allow for monitoring the air fuel ratio to see if the computer is commanding the fuel injectors to spray for a longer period or shorter period than desired? Did your parts replacing resolve the codes you have, or did they return?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replacing the parts did nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think my scan tool will allow me to look at air fuel ratios
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it helps, the car runs absolutely FINE when- the check engine light is flashing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
limp mode??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car will sputter and stuble all over it self until the check engine light starts flashing, then I will get a boost of power, the car runs fine..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after about 15min / miles the check enging light will STOP flashing and the car will stumble all over it self again

The check engine light flashes when the computer detects there is a misfire. Let me know on the results of the fuel trim monitoring.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what exactly should I be looking for??

I just need to know what the trims show while idling at operating temperature.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok,
thanks

Your welcome