spire suzuki
spire suzuki, Technician
Experience:  Suzuki master tech. 26 years in motor trade
11541481

We have a 2010 Suzuki SX-4 VIN# JS2YA21S095102819 with an

Customer Question

Hi, we have a 2010 Suzuki SX-4 VIN# ***** with an air bag problem this veh has been in an accident and we have replaced ecu,front airbags and pretentioners. now it comes up with fault code b1071 drivers front impact sensor failure. we replaced
this sensor with a brand new one but still have the same code coming up we have disconnected the plug on the sensor and the fault then clears but comes up with b1074 drivers front impact sensor open circuit. when we plug it back in the code reverts back to
the b1071 code. we have tried 3 sensors in total the latest brand new from the dealer. so now a bit lost as to the problem thanks....... Norman .
Category: Car
Expert:  spire suzuki replied 1 year ago.

HI Norman

I can't access any information at the minute but will have a look tomorrow morning and reply with a answer.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, just checking back with you to see if you have managed to find an answer for us yet regards

Hi

I have just checked the service manual, b1071 forward impact sensor id code incorrect. B1074 forward impact sensor open circuit.

Aß you have changed the impact sensor three times you either have a faulty control unit or a high resistance to the sensor.

You need to check the wiring from control unit to sensor. Disconnect the battery and control unit and sensor Impact sensor pin numbers 50 &51 are the correct pins for the impact sensor. Check the wiring with a ohm meter. The pin numbers are on the control unit multi plug.

On most airbag systems there is a contact bar bridging across the terminals so you will have to wedge the bat open.

Please be very careful when using a multi meter on a airbag system. If you prob the wrong wires you can set a airbag off.

If you need anymore help please contact me before leaving any negative feedback.

Regards.