Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have a 2007 Land Rover LR3 V8SE. Yellow light suspension

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2007 Land Rover LR3 V8SE. Yellow light suspension fault has been coming on for years. Always read normal height only which is fine for our use. Last month, it went red, cant drive more than 30 miles per hr.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Finally, it stopped rising altogether and compressor motor stopped working. Replaced compressor motor, real suspension rises but not front suspension. No lights on dash saying fault
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i am willing to wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine what is failing and causing the problem you are having you are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned to see what the fault code is that should be setting when the light is coming on. If you can get this done and post back with the fault code we can work from there to try and get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hooked up code reader. There weren't any fault codes.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately Your not going to be able to retrieve suspension codes with a code reader, you are going to need a full scan tool to retrieve any fault codes from the Suspension system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would I find a full scan tool?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you do not have one then you can usually get the code and or codes retrieve at most any repair facility that has a Rover compatibly scan tool. This scanner is not likely one you are going to want to purchase as the can be very pricey.