Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My Range Rover is swaying when I go over a bump at gher

Customer Question

My Range Rover is swaying when I go over a bump at higher speed
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

What year Range Rover do you have?

Does the whole vehicle sway, or just front end or just rear end? And unusual amount of bouncing when going over bumps?

Please remember that I am not there to test drive it or test it, therefore I rely on you to provide as much detail as possible, so on occasion I may need to ask for more information or clarification. Thank you for your patience

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It had been in an accident I replaced the front lower control arms air bag and shocks of the affected side, change the shocks of rear passage r side but it seem the sway more from the back on the driver side and maybe a little from the front driver side. The dash says suspension fault once. I turn on the vehicle but then disappears. The dealership told me to replace the front lower control arms which I did, but it didn't help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2008 Range Rover hse
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Did you notice or was it reported, any fame damage? If not sure, have someone drive behind you to see if all 4 tires appear in line and tracking the same or not

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It drives fine until it goes over a bump everything looks fine
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Has ride height been checked and measured? If sitting too high due to faulty ride height sensors, it will cause this sway over bumps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it hasn't. So do you not think I could be the shocks?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Possible if you used aftermarket that are not to the same specs as the factory ones. What brand did you use

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it from bap/Geon but I haven't change all of them yet
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, I was under the impression that you had changed them. The primary cause of sway is the shocks, and on this vehicle, the secondary cause is ride height incorrect. If you havent changed them yet, I would do that first

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

keep me posted