Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

I replace my battery and put Alternator ( both New) but my

Customer Question

I replace my battery and put Alternator ( both New) but my battery is dead over nigth, jumped every morning
Submitted: 1 year ago via Mitchell1DIY.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this happen for long time and get it worst, other wise car running very good
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. You have an Ignition off draw (also know as a parasitic draw) in your vehicle's electrical system. Something is draining the battery when the car is off. This could be a computer or control module that is not powering down completely. What needs to be done is to have an auto electrical shop connect an ammeter to the system and start removing fuses while watching the ammeter. When the draw goes away, then the source of the draw can be isolated and fixed.

I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris