Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2005 Land Rover Range Rover: I successfully replaced the

Customer Question

2005 Land Rover Range Rover:
I successfully replaced the cable that opens the driver door from the outside. However, once I reconnected all the wires inside the door, the following things quit working:
1. Central locking does not control driver door. Must be locked/unlocked with key
2. Driver side controls do not open passenger windows or adjust passenger mirror
3. Driver window works, but one touch up/down is not functional.
4. Controls on driver door do not light. Ambient lighting in the door handle does not light either. Only access suspension button lights up.
The car does not seem to know if the driver door is even open.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I suspect either wiring was damaged or a connection has come loose inside the vehicle causing this issue here.I have seen this occur before when a repair like this has been done before.If you have not had or re checked the wiring and wiring connections since this repair has been done this needs done to see if a fault is found with it.If a fault is found it will need to be repaired to correct this here.If this was already re checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. I actually have checked the connections, but didn't notice anything wrong. I'll try to check again soon. Do you know of any specific wires I should check?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.Your welcome.

I would check the main wiring leading into the door as well as the wiring leading from the body of the vehicle to the door itself for any issues.Let me know if you locate any issues here.

Thanks Pete