Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

I put a small amount of engine oil in my motorhme Cummings

Customer Question

I put a small amount of engine oil in my motorhme Cummings transmission by accident, maybe 1/3 pint. Can I drive the motor home without damaging the transmission?
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. 1/3 of a pint of motor oil will not cause any problems and you can go ahead and drive it. There is probably 20 quarts of atf in the transmission. 1/3 of a pint of engine oil will be ok. However, if it is getting close to hsving the transmission serviced, then have the fluid and filter replaced when you get home from your trip.

I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Let me know if you did not and I will resend it to you.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hi again! Just checking to see if you received my last reply. PLEASE let me know if you did or did not get it. I want to make sure that you get the help you need.

Chris