Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2007 Aston db9 volante. The passages side tannau

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Aston Martin db9 volante. The passages side tannau cover unlocks and tries to raise. The other side does nothing. I can lift the unlocked side with no trouble. Other side is still locked. Help
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unlocked passager side show the hydraulic lift near the trunk lid up and the lock rear the back seat unlocked. The other side is down and locked. The dealers service advisor guessed and said I need a new lid motor at $5000. I don't think so, since it is trying to raise the passenger side and would raise both sides I'd the drivers side would unlock
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Recently had the rear bumper replaced. The body shop knocked off the relay for the cover motor and it wouldn't raise at all. The dealer reinstalled the relay and it worked a few times fine. I was away for a couple of months, came back and replaced the battery and reset the windows. Everything works as it should except the tannau cover drivers side
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be a fault with the release latch for the side that is not releasing.I have seen these latches fail before in the past on other models with the latch itself needing removed and replaced to correct this fault here.This unfortunately will have to be checked/tested further to pinpoint for sure if the latch is the cause here and from there replaced if found to be at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.