Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp.
15218643

What is the driving conditions needed to clear an OBD2

Customer Question

What is the driving conditions needed to clear an OBD2 Catalyst monitor code not clearing on a 2000 isuzu trooper
Category: Car
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I have the drive cycle procedure. It may need to be done several times before all monitors pass. CLICK HERE for drive cycle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need the information to reset the catalytic converter code.
All the other codes are fine.
I don't want to have to do a driving condition series for everything.
Just the Catalytic converter.
Please respond.
Thank you
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Not sure if you want to clear a code that is set in the computer or you want to perform the drive cycle to clear the p1000 so you can pass emissions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to pass smog.
450 miles ago I had the catalytic converter replaced.
All my codes have been read by the computer except for the catalytic converter.
I know that there must be a drive cycle for the Cat.
All the other car manufactures have info on what driving conditions are needed the have the computer read the Cat.
But I can't find anything for the 2000 Isuzu trooper.
All of the other information I have read on a variety of vehicles, including the 2002 Isuzu Rodeo have a bout a 1/2 a dozen steps or so to have that code read.
What you sent to me looks like something that needs to be done to reset all of the codes as if the battery was disconnected of the codes where cleared in some other way.
All of my code have been read by the computer except for the Catalytic converter.
So will you please just send me the info on the driving conditions needed to have the Cat. read by the computer.
I have put 450 miles on the vehicle since it has been put on, and the computer still hasn't read it.
Thank you.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

You are correct that manufacturers have driving conditions to reset the monitor. What I gave you is the procedure to reset the cat monitor on your Trooper from the Isuzu workshop manual. There is not a specific drive cycle for each system that needs to be reset. Following that procedure will get the Cat monitor to reset. Like the directions also say, the procedure may need to be done more than once.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but I don't think this information is going to help me.
I am looking for someone that can help me make my computer read the new cat. that has been put on.
The information you sent is impossible to do, and it's overkill.
I just need the cat. to be read.
I can't use this information.
Sorry.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

OK. I'll open the question up to other experts.

Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Different expert here. This is a lengthy driving procedure but it has to be followed to get your monitors ready. Its in the picture below: