Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Jared! My car is back on the road finally!!! Turns out the

Customer Question

Jared! My car is back on the road finally!!! Turns out the "preprogrammed ECU" was never programmed. Costed me extra to send it to the dealership, but after almost 2 months without my baby I CAN'T COMPLAIN. I wanted to fix little things on my car and I
am requesting your assistance. My SUV says "service tire monitoring system". I would like to see if I can reset this first. If that doesn't fix the problem, can I replace it myself?
Category: Car
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

The service tire monitor system light comes on when one or more of the tire pressure sensors is dead or lost calibration. The only way to fix it is with tire monitor test tools. You could try to get the sensors to relearn with a strong magnet but I have never had much luck without the relearn tool. What type of car do you have again? Yours is the Suzuki right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Sorry. Just answer doesn't give any identifying information on the customer. Just a random ID #.

So you don't need the magnet on this model. You can do it with just inflating and deflating the tires.

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

2. Apply the parking brake.
NOTE: If the learn mode cannot be enabled, ensure the TPM system is enabled in the RCDLR. Refer to "Control Module References: ".

3. Using the Driver Information Center (DIC), press the vehicle information button until the RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays. If your vehicle does not have the DIC buttons, press the trip odometer reset stem located on the instrument panel cluster until the RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays. If your vehicle has the DIC buttons, press the set/reset button. The horn will sound twice to indicate the TPMs receiver is ready, and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message will display, if your vehicle does not have the DIC buttons, press and hold the trip odometer reset stem until the horn chirps twice and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message is displayed.
Alternate method: Simultaneously press the keyless entry transmitters lock and unlock buttons until a horn chirp sounds or use the scan tool and select Special Functions/Sensor Learn Mode Enable/Enable soft key A horn chirp will sound indication the mode has been enabled.

4. Starting with the left front tire, hold the antenna of the J-46079 against the tire sidewall close to the wheel rim at the valve stem location then press and release the activate button and wait for a horn chirp, orincrease/decrease the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds then wait for a horn chirp. The horn chirp may occur before the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached, or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached.

5. After the horn chirp has sounded, proceed as in step 4 for the next 3 sensors in the following order:
- Right front
- Right rear
- Left rear

6. After the LR sensor has been learned, turn OFF the ignition to exit the learn mode.

7. After the learn mode has been exited, adjust all tire pressures to the recommended PSI. Refer to "Vehicle Certification, Tire Placard, Anti-Theft, and Service Parts ID Label:".

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check up and see if you got it working. Let me know if you need any additional help!