Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in the automotive field
14892859

Im stuck in second gear when my shifter is in drive my

Customer Question

im stuck in second gear when my shifter is in drive my spedometer is not working would this be a problem
Submitted: 1 year ago via TrueDelta.com.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ytou will just have to call(###) ###-####
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds like you have a vehicle speed sensor issue. This unit is responsible for transmitting spee mph to the speedometer, and, this same information controls the shifts of the transmission. This sounds like the sensor has failed and the car is in what we call Limp mode. The recommendation I jhave for you on this request would be to have the vehicle attached to a compatible scanner and the actual readout of the sensor determined. If the read out data is zero, either the vehicle speed sensor needs replaced, or, there may be damage to the wires on the sensor. If the vehicle was driven in high water, there may be moisture inside the wire connector that will cause a reduction in the output of the sensor to the wire harness