Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist
Experience:  25 Years Experience Automotive Technology.
62741268

Randy, I'm looking to buy a used Bentley and was wondering

Customer Question

Hi Randy, I'm looking to buy a used Bentley and was wondering if an 07 continental gt is too old (under 20,000 miles) or if I should go for the higher priced 2012 with around the same number of miles. Will the maintenance cost of the older model be of a significant amount more in maintaining it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

The cost for maintenance will be around the same for each model at those mileage intervals. The 2007 should be in great condition with those miles.

The maintenance schedule is at each 10000 miles interval.

The next one at 30000 will be around $1200.00

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Randy,
How do you feel about the factory warranty on the Bentleys? The older doesn't have one but the newer model does.
Is there anything you can recommend in looking over the older model that I should be aware of in a Bentley?
I was going to get a third party inspection done because the car in California but I don't know how much they can tell looking at the sealed engine. So I am thinking that I will just have someone inspect it for its basic condition at this point (interior condition, engine start, service lights, brakes, heated seat function, window and door locks etc)
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the older model will not be eligible for warranty from Bentley. The warranty is only renewable on models 7 yrlears and newer. That inspection is about all you can do. With the low mileage, if it has been taken care of it should have the appearance of a new vehicle. I recently purchased a car for my wife that was used and you could not see any of the engine however the interior and body was great so I was not concerned as much with the power train.