Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I'm wanting to change the coolant on my 2008 Suzuki DDIS

Customer Question

Hi, I'm wanting to change the coolant on my 2008 Suzuki DDIS (Diesel) Vitara, manual says special procedures required?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry vehicle is a 2007 model
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

On some models the coolant needs filled a special way to prevent air from being trapped in the coolant system.On some models this may require filling the lower radiator hose first etc.

I don't have the exact procedure on this model here on how this is done,you might contact a local parts store when purchasing the coolant as sometimes their info will have notes on what needs done when replacing the coolant and they may be able to tell you what needs done here.If this is not an option for you on this let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete
I need more information on exact procedure, my owners manual say "special procedures required" for the diesel model as opposed to the petrol model. I have spoken to my local parts supplier & they have no idea what is required for my particular engine. I believe & understand that air needs to be purged from system after refilling, but I need to know exactly "how" for my model of vehicle. The engine is the Renault 1.9 litre (F9Q) turbo diesel.Thanks
Eddie
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete