Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have 92 sidekick with 16v and it has no power idles rough

Customer Question

I have 92 sidekick with 16v and it has no power idles rough for a while and smother out...it sounds like it'd missfiring, but the whole ignition is new and it's in time new timing belt too. It runs good at idle but as soon as the accelerator is presses it looses all power and let the acceleror go and it runs fine but at idle only.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuel pump and filter are new as well...tested the fuel pressure at the fuel rail and the pressure is 30 to 40..
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure the timing is correct and you have good fuel pressure and its holding steady while accelerating then I would start with checking the exhaust back pressure to be sure there are no restrictions which could cause a lack of power. Also scan the computer and see if there are any stored fault codes, check these things and post back with the results and we can work from there.