Classic Car Service
Classic Car Service, Dealership Svc. Mgr.
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in the automotive field
14892859

Something died in the heat/ac vent system of my 89 suzuki

Customer Question

Something died in the heat/ac vent system of my 89 suzuki sidekick. What part of the system would you suspect it was in, and how hard is it to get to?
Category: Car
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Extensive experience with automotive rodent issues leads me to believe that you need to start at the heater fan/blower motor first. This is where most rodent nests occur, as the fresh air intake is right next to the blower inlet. This is how they get into a closed vehicle. More often than not, the rodents build a nest inside of the fan assembly. Since you encountered debris with the fan on, this is the best place to start...If this car was in my shop, I would be removing the blower motor/fan assembly way before I would pull the dash.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer