Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Car runs minutes and quits. I am overseas, in, Panama, and

Customer Question

car runs for 20 minutes and quits. I am overseas, in David, Panama, and local dealer refuses to work on it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

does it run well for those 30 minutes?

how long before it will restart?

tell me all you can

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car started running for periods of 20-30 minutes at a time and quitting. After 5-10 it would re-start and run OK for another 20 min. A local mechanic suggested putting a new computer in it. We did, and ran OK for a day. The next day it quit at a supermarket and would not start. I thought it was out of gas, because the gauges did not move. Another guy came and checked the fuel and it was fine. They put a scanner on it and it showed code P0120. They said it was the Throttle speed sensor. They checked the wire sensor fittings, because sometimes it would start and run while in the shop. They then removed the new computer and installed the old one. Again it started sometimes and some it did not. They mentioned the need to reset the new computer with the old one, but they did not have the equipment to do it. The car has 125 000 miles and it was running perfect before this issue.

sorry i missed you

from the way you explain it doesnt sound like its a problem with the throttle at all..

from the way you explain..it sounds as if you may need to replace the crank sensor,,these crank sensors will break down with heat like this sometimes when they go bad..

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fnyzfx2kgoij5e4/0905-duango-4.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/fnyzfx2kgoij5e4/0905-duango-4.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help