Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Own a 2004 Ferarri 360 F1 Spider. Last week while driving

Customer Question

Own a 2004 Ferarri 360 F1 Spider. Last week while driving around town the engine lost power and it started to over heat. I pulled over and let the engine cool off by opening the hood and sitting there for over an hour and a half. Was still in low power mode at first but then kicked back in to full power and the temp came down to normal very quick. A few days ago the siren alarm went off at 2am in a locked garage. Key fob didn't work to reset it. I had to disconnect the battery for it to shut down. Interesting issue was after I removed the negative terminal from battery the siren and flashing lights continued to go. Then I removed the positive post and it still continued to flash and sound the siren. Being a back alley mechanic for 30+ years this had me scratching my head in confusion. Then realized I had hooked up the charger that's built into the car, and took that off which shut down the electronics in the car. I'm thinking the battery was shorted by the medal plate used to secure the foot plate as it was disconnected on one side opening that possibility to set off the alarm at 2am with nobody around the car. This might just be the same issue that happened when it lost power and overheated. I have read all info avail online about the alarm system batteries to replace etc. Thoughts Ideas ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

If there was a short in the battery cables this can damage vehicles computers to where the affected computers would need replaced.If you have not had the fault codes checked in all computers to see what codes are set this needs done.Any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair the fault here.In some cases a scan tool can be used to read computer data to determine if one or more computers is not communicating at all that should be as this can be an indication of that computer needing replaced to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.